Building Strong Families, Inc.
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
What is a Healthy Relationship?
Lewis and Gossett (1999) define eight essential characteristics of a healthy relationship:
- Both partners participate in the definition of the relationship.
- There is a strong bond characterized by levels of both closeness and autonomy.
- Each individual in the relationship is interested in each other's thoughts and feelings.
- The expression of feelings is encouraged.
- The inevitable conflicts that do occur do not escalate or lead to despair.
- Problem-solving skills are well developed.
- Most basic values are shared.
- The ability to deal with change and stress is well developed.
(24-hour confidential voice-mail)